I would like to believe that I'm a great friend. I've had the same best friend for the last 14 years, and I don't see that changing, EVER. Although, I have also met a few gems along my journey whom I wouldn't trade for the world. I suppose I shall get to the point of this posting. When I moved to Virginia in 2007 I didn't know anyone! It's very rough being in a new state, city, and social spectrum without being familiar with one soul. Let's just say I attempted to adjust as good as possible. Along the road I met someone that I had a vibe with. I was single, free, young, and ready to have fun! She seemed to be a great addition to my life at the time. We had the best times together. I take a long time to click with someone, but she was amazing. I'm talking about someone who "got" my jokes, laughed with me every other minute, and whom I'd like to believe I taught many lessons of life that she wasn't aware of beforehand. I was more of the city girl hanging with the chick that wasn't completely comfortable with herself. But, I am the type of gal that is very outgoing and open. Most people feel a certain way about me until they spend a few hours in my presence. Something about my boldness makes others feel good around me...

Fast forward to 2011, A lot has changed in my life. I am now a mother, to-be-wife, full time student focused on becoming a teacher. Things have changed. My priorities have changed. My LIFE has changed. But, I am still the same exact KBoogie. Some things about myself will never change. I AM A CONSTANT. And once you're considered a friend of mine I take you on for life. But, there comes a time in your life when you MUST grow in order to become the person that GOD has ordained you to be. Each birthday that you're blessed to see is more amazing than that last. Why waste that beautiful grace on staying stuck in the same? It would be pointless.

With that said, the awesome 5 year friendship that I once had with this person has come to an end. I think It had a lot do with growing, yet we didn't perceive the differences the same. I believe she felt I changed for the worst. See, you have to learn to understand that time not only heals all, but it changes all. If your feelings for a person are affected by the additions, blessings, or changes to their lives then there is a possibly that you aren't as loyal as one could be. Friendship is all about patience, trust, honesty, and TRUE love. We as women are so quick to focus those aspects on our love lives, but not friendships. That is why it has always been so important to me. Life is lonely without friends. Life is even worse without GROWTH. They should go hand in hand. I want us all to change, inspire, aspire, grow, learn, gain knowledge together! Let's start a new movement...

I still have amazing friends that love who I am. And of course, my bff of over a decade, plus family, and a wonderful fiance. I couldn't be happier. But, I must say I am a bit saddened by the way things ended with her. There is always more to the story, and I wouldn't dare put our business out there like that. It's not for the world to know, but at the same time it shouldn't have been enough to block one's phone number, and also from networking sites. You live and you learn huh?!? Be more careful about who you let into your life. Just a heads up...

*shrugs*

Peace. Love. Admiration. Respect.

-KBoogie