One of my lovely readers contacted me on Facebook about possibly doing a post on Winter skin care tips. The official start of the freezing season is in less than a week, but depending on which part of the world you live in, you've probably been experiencing the effects already. Everyone has their own individual skin type, which is why my tips will be very broad and hopefully useful to all. Although I absolutely adore the winter time for many reasons: Holiday cheer, season's changing, and the enchanting world of fashion, I'm not fond of how my skin sometimes reacts. Even if you don't suffer from dry skin year round, I think we can all agree on the toll winter takes during these few, yet crucial months. Read on to check out my tips! 


1. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! With the change of the weather should bring a slight shift in your skin care regimen. In other words, up the ante! I tend to opt for thicker, oil based creams to seal the deal. I like to use Pond's cream. It's only $5.99 and works very well.
2. Do not stop using sunscreen. I can't express how important this is. If you want to preserve your sexy, do it. Just because the temperature is lowered doesn't mean the sun goes into hiding. Protect yourself.
3. Before you even consider purchasing that new lippie that you've been eyeing, girl exfoliate those lips! Make sure that your pout game is on point at all times. I like to make a homemade concoction that has always gotten me by. I usually mix a bit of olive oil and sugar into a small bowl. Then, apply the mixture to your lips using a toothbrush or a washcloth gently scrub away the dead skin. Viola, magic! Always remember to keep lip balm in your handbag. Licking your lips doesn't help, leave that to Mr. Cool J. Sugar scrub. If you're not into homemade mixes, CVS has a great scrub available (pictured below $12.99). 
4. Give your hands extra loving during this time. I mean, what's the pint of having well manicured nails without proper care. I really love Vaseline's cocoa body gel. It keeps my hands soft and the scent is lovely.
5. Drink water. I get it, I get it! You love Starbucks, coffee and liquor, but those drinks won't make you beautiful. We're all supposed to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Sometimes we fall short of glory, but water will take care of your skin in the most natural, organic way possible. Just keep some on hand throughout the day. Sip, sip!
Sidenote: I don't recommend this for everyone, but I swear by Vaseline. My auntie (in my head) Tyra Banks is the reason why I've used it all these years. After my nightly shower, I slather it on, by the time I hit the shower in the morning it's had time to settle in. From there I just pull a Brian McKnight and repeat steps 1-6. Hehe. Don't say I never gave you anything! Happy Holidays to all.