It's not tough for a celebrity starlet to always be well groomed from head to toe. They have access to the greatest Fashion designers, makeup artists, stylists, and overall top notch glam squads.  It's even more impressive when I see an everyday woman with a fabulous sense of style. Being able to stand out in a world where everyone seems to look alike, and maintain your own identity is easier said than done. 

I had the chance to catch up with one of my favorite fashion girls, Tamara. I wanted to get the inside scoop of what goes on in that beautifully coordinated brain. 
 
 
1. If you could snag the entire wardrobe from any film character in history, who would it be? Why?

Holly Golightly who Audrey Hepburn played in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. She’s a classic…it’s just something about all black…stylish.
 2. What's your fashion pet peeve?
I know this is about fashion but one of my biggest “fashion” pet peeves is when the hair and makeup doesn’t compliment or “go with” the outfit. Hair and makeup can really make or break an outfit. If I’m going for a certain look, I have to go all out…if I’m going for a casual, street look, I’ll rock a messy bun…if I’m wearing all black, a nice, winged eyeliner and a bold lip should do the trick…I’m so obsessed with my hair and makeup flowing with my outfit that I’ve changed my hair and makeup three times in one day because I had 3 events I was attending and I wore a different look to each one…insane, I know!





3. All time favorite item in your closet?
My tan Minnetonka suede fringe boots…I rock them all year long in every season…I would wear them every day with every outfit if I could…they’re so cute and comfy.


4. You're going on an impromptu trip to New York City for a day, what would be your outfit of choice?
This was a super fun question!
Black, high-waist leather shorts, an off white button up, black ankle strap pumps with a neon clutch…add a silver statement necklace…maybe even short and sassy neon nails to match my clutch…I love little pops of color with black and white!


5. What's the one item that you'll never let go of no matter how much the times change?
Pantyhose/Stockings – I’ve been wearing them since I was five and although I outgrew them for a while and thought they were so horrible and itchy as a kid, I’m surprised, now, at how pantyhose can instantly make an outfit classy if worn right…they’re not too bad either when you’ve forgotten to shave your legs...throw on a panty hose similar to your skin tone along with some baby oil and your legs will look super smooth and shaven!

6. Do you think dressing for your body type is as important as being free and comfortable?
I believe dressing for your body type is very important and it also goes hand in hand with being free and comfortable. I love being fashionable but I must be comfortable too!...It’s all about knowing what works for your body. You can still wear some of your favorite pieces but you may have to go the extra mile to make it work for you. For instance, I love shift dresses but I’m not a curvy girl…if I don’t wear some sort of skinny belt with a shift dress, I’ll end up looking like a rectangle so to add the appearance of curves, I add a skinny belt…that way, not only have I accentuated my waistline but I’ve also accessorized with a super cute skinny belt!

7. What's the worst fashion mistake you've ever made?

Remember those colored, plastic bangles sold exclusively at the beauty supply store?...lol…I would wear a blouse with 10 colors in it and I would have to wear 10 bangles to match each color in my blouse…oh the horror!...remember, less is more!


8. Top 3 style icons?
Kourtney, Kim, and Khloe. How ironic!...not really…note:  Kourtney takes the cake at #1.


9. Who is your favorite designer?
Prabal Gurung…I love how he uses colors and prints…even his solid colored pieces are still very bold, edgy and fashion forward…his designs are such a statement!...and you can find Prabal Gurung in Target too…affordable style…I love!





10. Have you ever considered a full on career in fashion styling? Do you have a passion to dress others?

Although I love putting pieces together for myself, I think it takes a special gift and talent to have a career in fashion styling when it comes to styling others. I’ve watched so many make over shows where a stylist wanted to re-vamp a person’s look but the person wasn’t open to it so stylists must have a great amount of patience. I am looking forward to dressing my future husband and children.


















Xoxo, 

Keishy