I was more than stocked when I heard that MAC decided to release an entire line inspired by their best seller lippie, Ruby Woo. The Retro Matte Collection was released in stores on September 12th, and I was in Macy's parking lot an hour before the store even opened. I HAD to have a few of these shades. When I was younger glossy lips were a must. The shinier the better! Go figure. These days its hard for me to even wear a gloss. I'd rather smooth on chap stick for those "off days" when I'm not wearing a matte finish. It's just something about the texture that I simply adore. 

RETRO MATTE COLLECTION LIPPIES:

1. Runway hit - Nude
2.Dangeous - Orange
3.Steady Going - light pink
4. Relentlessly Red - Bright Red
5. All Fired up - Bright - Fuschia
6. Flat Out Fabulous - Bright plum
7. Fixed On Drama - Burgundy Wine
8. Ruby Wood- Ultra matte Hollywood red


There were 8 gorgeous shades released along with 8 perfect lip liners to complete the look. Of course, I wanted to purchase every single one and live happily ever after, but I am on something we regular people like to call a budget. Therefore, I thought long and hard about which of the lipsticks I couldn't live without. After much consideration, I chose Flat out Fabulous, Fixed on Drama and Ruby Woo (simply because I had just lost my only Ruby Woo and needed a new one). I Also purchased one extra shade for the contest that I will be giving details on within the next couple of days.

 
 
There's ONLY great things to say about Ruby Woo. Out of every lipstick I own this is the favorite. Some women are so scared of red lipstick, or feel as if it's reserved for special events. Something about this shade just instantly makes me feel bold and confident.  A hue like this never goes out of style. Classic.


 
  Flat Out Fabulous is a cool plum shade. However, I'm not a fan of this particular color on myself at all. I also find this one to be a bit drying. A part of me wants to keep it, but I've already told my best friend she can have dibs on it.

 
  Fixed on Drama is the most amazing lipstick in the world! This is my Fall go to from here on out. I will say, this is the smoothest matte finish of them all. I'm all about keeping the eyes neutral and going for a seductive, vampy pout. 



Overall, I'm really happy this collection is here to stay! I'm sure the closer we get to Spring I'll be purchasing a few of the softer shades. Thumbs up.