My mom is absolutely the most amazing 63 year old woman out there. She's been through more than most, and is also stronger than most. Go figure! I get my love of makeup from her, so it was shocking when she came to ME for advice. Apparently, she believed her foundation was drying her skin out, and leaving an ashy finish. We made a deal that I'd be able to give her a mini makeover without her trying to look in the mirror every two minutes for critiquing.


BEFORE:


Products used:

- After she freshly washed her face, I proceeded to use Ponds Moisturizer to make sure the skin was hydrated.

- applied Revlon's Colorstay concealer under the eyes to minimize puffiness.

- Using a Sonia Kashuk angled foundation brush, I slowly blended in the Repairwear laser focus foundation in until I was satisfied with the outcome. 

-E.L.F's brow powder came in really handy, because my mom lost and barely gained her brows back after Chemo years ago. 

- From there, I used Ben Nye's amazingly effective Matte Finishing Spray. 

-To finish up, I used Ben Nye's lumineer eyeshadow on the base lid, and blended in a coffee shade from a now sold out kohls 24 shade palette. Applied a bit of Maybelline Kohl liner to the bottom line, and used M.A.C's dazzle mascara to add a fresh, yet natural effect. 

- Instead of setting her look with powder, I wanted to keep the dewy look. I actually used the E.L.F bronzer in peach as a highlighter under the eye area/around the cheeks. It really works like a charm to illuminate. We finished by mixing NYX matte lip cream and Wet & Wild's nude lippie in #901.




After:

I showed mom that with the correct applications and products, that it indeed was NOT her foundation. Her skin wasn't being hydrated enough. She was happy! My daughter even photobombed...


I am NOT a makeup artist, so don't go too hard on me. This was my first time applying makeup to anyone else, but now I'm completely excited for more!

Xo,

Keishy