Today we will be speaking with Cashmere. She is the owner of her very own makeup line, Beauty Bakerie Cosmetics. If you're interested in seeing what she has cooking up, read on.
1. Being an entrepreneur is a challenge in itself. However, being a young, black, female boss is even more groundbreaking. What has been your recipe for success?
 
I’d say it’s a combination of divine ingredients with the primary being charitable efforts; giving back is near and dear to me.

2.What would be your advice for someone looking to start a business of their own? I’m contacted quite often by people who are excited to embark on their first business venture.

I’d first suggest praying on it and then educate yourself and immerse yourself into your craft. Make mistakes as all of this will become the framework and foundation from which they’ll be able to build and expound upon. If you find that you cannot pursue the said passion all day, every single day, if you find you get tired of it, move on to the next dream. Don’t stop dreaming.

When did you create Beauty Bakerie?
 
I created the company in 2011 at 26 years old.
4.Tell us about the process of of choosing shades and formulas for your brand. (Of course without going into the intimate details). Did you have creative control over the process?

My initial plan was to have collections of the traditional hues and pigments. After researching the market and trends, I decided to extend the length of our current collection due to its popularity amongst our customers. I do hold creative control over the process yet its shared, because its so fun, I’ve invited friends, family and even held contests involving the customers in on the process.
5. How important is branding when going into a business venture?
 
Its really important to brand. It’s vital to identity and ultimately credibility. Becoming distinct in all aspects of the business, all the way down to packaging and communicating with customers.
6.What level would you like to see your company flourish to in the next five years?
 
Retail placements and speaking engagements. I want to speak to people. I want to help them.
 

7. You're a beautiful woman with a flawless complexion. How do you maintain on a daily basis?

Why thank you, Suga. I swear by Neutrogena Naturals night cream. I put it on at night: all over my face and neck. I actually suffer from acne from time to time so I use this Sulfur Mask by Acne Free a couple times per week. Since it is drying, I make sure to add moisture with the night cream. I also drink tons of water and exercise 3 times per week.

8.What's our favorite Fall makeup look using only Beauty Bakerie products only?
 
You're  making it tricky now. I’ve never been able to declare one of my lippies as my favorite.

 I guess I’d say a smoky eye with Pinkberry and Cocoa Éclair iBatters . For the lips, I’d do an ombre with Cranberry Bites and Kiss My Ice Cake Pop Lippies.

Below: Cranberry bites lipstick $14.00



Cocoa Eclair ibatter $8.00 







9.What are you best selling items that the ladies just cant resist?
 
They can’t live without any of it! It’s really cool to see the trends change. They used to go crazy over Birthday Cake during the summer, they went crazy over Cranberry Bites coming into Fall and now that fall is wrapping up, they’re all crazy about Berry Biscotti and Golden Crème Brulee. They’re crazy about the Will You Berry Me iBatter and Pinkberry. They’re always crazy about the Sugar Lip Scrub.

Birthday cake $14.00


Sugar lip scrub $14.00



     


10.Name three beauty products that you cannot live without?
 
I can’t live without the Sugar Lip Scrub! Sometimes, I’m so busy and I’m kinda OC about my lips but if I apply that at night my lips stay hydrated for several days without a reapplication.


11.Are there any celebrities, or other companies that have inspired you in the business realm?
 
I’m inspired daily by many people. I’m mostly inspired by those whose background wasn’t optimal or conducive to becoming an entrepreneur yet they overcame the adversity. For example, I was a teenage mother. I’ve earned several degrees, am raising my daughter and living my dream.

 

12.Any last minute comments that you would like to add?
 
I landed into my hometown tonight and the first thing that happens is my daughter comes and says, “Mom, I found something about you.” I had no idea what she was referring to. She runs downstairs and back up to me again and hands me a newspaper article. I was featured in 1998 as an eighth grader. Why? Of course it was about makeup. This is my passion. Thank you for being interested in my story. And as I tell everyone, check your breasts! #SaveTheTatas


Thank you for taking the time out to speak to us today. We defintely appreciate it!!

Check out: 

Beautybakerie.com for purchases!

Follow @beautybakerie for the latest updates on new products.


Stay tuned for my review on one of the brand's best selling lippies! 

Xoxo, Keishy